A Stafford mother is heading to prison for seven years for the death of her three-year-old son from drinking liquid methadone.
Jessica York admits that she left the liquid opioid on her nightstand before he child died.
The state Department of Children and Families had been in contact with York prior to the boy's death.
State Police say when they investigated the Stafford home where the child died they discovered filthy and littered with empty heroin packages, cigarette butts and animal waste.
(Photo by Andy Manis-Getty Images).