Orange Fire Caused By Misuse Of Stove

There's an update regarding the house  fire in Orange on Sunday night.  

The Orange Fire Department, in  collaboration with the state fire marshal, says the cause of a fire on  North Main Street was someone adding a combustible liquid to a wood  stove.  

The single-family home was deemed a total loss.  

One person  inside the home was injured and taken to a Boston hospital, while three  firefighters suffered minor injuries, according to the fire department.

A spokesman for the State Fire Marshal, Jennifer Meith says that people should refrain from putting anything combustible inside of a wood burning stove in an effort to make it burn hotter.  Wood Stoves are not manufactured for such activity.

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content