Cause Of Fatal Fire Announced

It's now known that a recent deadly  fire in Westfield started on a kitchen stove top.  

Two women, 92-year-old  Mary Woodworth and her daughter, 54-year-old Theresa Woodworth, were  killed in the June 17th fire on Park Street.  

Information provided  yesterday by the Massachusetts Department of Fire Services indicates a  power strip buried underneath a pile of possessions on the stovetop  somehow was a factor.  

Officials have said clutter in the house, which  was deemed a "hoarder" house, made it difficult for firefighters to get  in the home and also for the two victims to escape.

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content