Two Dogs Dead In Large Amherst Fire

At least twenty people were displaced and two dogs were killed after a fire hit an apartment complex in Amherst yesterday.

Amherst fire officials say a unit at the Boulder Apartments was fully involved by a fire that was started by unattended cooking.

The tenant reportedly suffered smoke inhalation but declined hospital treatment.

The dogs that died were his.

The fire did not spread to the rest of the building but all of the units reportedly had smoke and water damage.

There has been a lot of conjecture about someone cooking and forgetting about the stove.

Officials have not come up with an official cause yet.

title

Content Goes Here