The first winter weather of the new yeaer is scheduled to hit this weekend.
The National Weather Service says there are Watches on the board through early Sunday morning calling for as much as 3 to 5 inches depending on location and a potential changeover to sleet or rain.
WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM SATURDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH SUNDAY MORNING...
* WHAT...Heavy snow possible. Total snow accumulations of 4 to 8 inches possible.
* WHERE...The Connecticut River Valley in Massachusetts and Connecticut, the east slopes of the Berkshires and Tolland
County in Connecticut.
* WHEN...From Saturday afternoon through Sunday morning.
* IMPACTS...Travel could be very difficult, especially Saturday
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Snow may fall at rates of an inch per hour
at times Saturday evening. The bulk of the accumulating snow is